Sunday, December 21, 2008

Resting in His Embrace

Have you ever thought life was overwhelming?
Have you ever had the thought...I can't take it any more?
Have you wished you could go to sleep and wake up and your nightmare would be over?

Well, the past two years have been just that for me. It wasn't until I realized I had no control of hanging on to a marriage of 28 years. I literally watched it slip through my fingers. And, on July 27th of this year I told my husband I was opening my hand and releasing him. Such pain and such peace to feel chains be broken that had kept both of us in bondage.

On October 11th I turned 48 years old. I spent the morning with my dear friend Vicki sitting on the beach. Overwhelmed while over looking the vast ocean and trying to truly grasp the presence of my Savior. To be honest I always thought I knew Him. But let me tell you I truly know Him and feel His presence more than ever. I not only know my Redeemer as my personal Savior...He is my Beloved...His is my warm embrace...He is my Jehovah Jireh...He is my Jehovah Rapha...He is my Truth and I am learning more about Him each step I take. I don't know what life holds for me but I do know I am in good hands. I can't imagine this journey without Him. I may no longer have a husband to call my own but I do have a Beloved who loves me more than anyone ever could. In fact He created me to be exactly who I am. I would not have chosen this path for myself but I am so thankful to know true peace through such pain. It is all about Amazing Grace. I have read some wonderful books in the past 11 months but I have to admit that God's word has began to speak to me like never before.

You turned my wailing into dancing;

you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.

Psalm 30:11,12


Family ...my blessings
Tommy not only handsome on the outside a son with a burning desire to preach the name of Jesus. What more could a mother ask for than for her son to know the Lord as His personal savior. His beautiful wife Krystal stands beside him and encourages him, she is a good mother to my grandson Brodie who is so adorable, cuddly and loveable which reminds me of my son. If only there were not so many miles between us.

Christi beautiful through and through a daughter also with a burning desire to share the name of Jesus. To watch her with such grace and love care for her family and others is a blessing. Her husband Clay is a good husband and a good father. My granddaughters Chastity and Cherish are precious, adorable and loveable. They keep me on my toes. I am surrounded by love.

I love each one of my children and their families and cherish every moment we have. I look forward to what the Lord has in store for you.
Resting in His embrace,

Denise

Isaiah 12:2, Acts 2:25-28, Psalm 42:8, Isaiah 43:1-3, Romans 6:13

2 comments:

  1. Mom- your blog is beautiful... just like you. I look forward to reading how God is working in your life. I love you so much and am blessed to have you as MY Mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, it's just beautiful. I love you and am VERY BLESSED to have you as my BEST FRIEND!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete